Monday 31 January 2022

The Night Before

On the eve of our departure from Kumasi I really want to capture my thoughts and emotions. 


Grateful… Totally grateful… 


It’s been a beautiful ride. Almost 4 months living with my parents again and it’s been a beautiful stay. 


I’d like to thank my Mum and Dad for being such wonderful hosts to me. My doctor, for ensuring I needed nothing. Ariel, for being such a wonderful partner to me especially with Naa Ameley. O-squared, all three shopping we did together, it was a joy being next door to you and my niece. A and BK, maternity dorm mates unlike no other. Auntie S, for supporting when I was weak. Fidelis, for all our important trips together. 


It has been an amazing ride. 


I arrived with a belly that wouldn’t show, hands that wouldn’t work properly from intense pain and proceeded to nights that wouldn’t rest, weight gain and a belly pop that was impressive considering the circumstances, sleepless nights and afternoon naps to keep me working from home. Not forgetting my lost voice by 2pm each day in what would become my last week of work. The academic bond formed with Amanda and the witness of almost 5 internal dramas that happened around me… 


A beautiful baby shower, sick leave that relieved me, Naa Ameley’s surprise arrival, Ariel’s arrival and his many trips to and from Accra for our sake. And today, well yesterday since it’s just past midnight as I type this, my Mum’s birthday at a significant age as we crown the end of birthday season: hers preceded by Auntie S, preceded by the double wedding anniversary, preceded by O, preceded by Baby Jesus, preceded by Daddy, not forgetting a few cousins home and abroad. 


Yes, grateful.


I count my blessings, naming them one by one. Naa Ameley, your birth and early days in Kumasi were incredibly eventful and extremely blessed… yes, our Kumasi days were blessed. 


Looking forward to you settling in Accra/Tema, our Ganyobi Naa Ameley… I definitely can’t wait! 




12:13am 





1st Baby Diaries || Sunday, 23rd January, 2022 || 1 calendar month, 29 days

No comments:

Post a Comment