Sunday 16 January 2022

Facial Expressions

7 weeks, 3 days.


That’s how old Naa Ameley is. And it seems like a lifetime already… well, to be fair, not quite because I remember a tonne of stuff and still feel a tonne of “periods” before she arrived. 


But it has been her lifetime with me. And o how grateful I am. 


I kept wondering what to write about at her iconic 7 week mark. From wisdom in partnering Ariel to raise her, to her experience with immunisations, to my sheer gratitude for us, to finding help when we relocate, to her recent growth spurt in week 6 and week 7, to sleepless nights, to relationships that are on the mend because Naa Ameley is here with all of us, to I don’t know? Quite a tonne of things, really.


I do want to capture this memory sooner than later though: her facial expressions! 


My word! Our child can make faces for the whole Ghana! 😂😂😂😂


And they are ever so entertaining. I wonder what she’s thinking when she makes those faces. I wonder if she’s thinking anything at all and if the thoughts would just match up with her expressions later in life. 


So far she’s mostly calm and quiet but with facial expressions than can change 6 times in 5 seconds. I kid you not! 


So being the amateur photographer that I am and the lover of memory lane, I’ve captured so many of them! I dare say I already have close to 400 shots of her facial expressions at different weeks of her life at this point. 


And what do I do with them, you may ask. Well… I make conversation with them and it’s so much fun. You may have already had a WhatsApp conversation with me responding with her shots and apt captions to go with them. 


For a long time I’ve been tempted to believe, and even now, I am quite convinced that when God weaved Naa Ameley together, He dropped this in as a beautiful gift to me. And I pray in all honesty, that some how, it becomes a beautiful gift to our world too. I’m not sure how but I still do pray that wherever these expressions may lead, however long they would last, they would point so many to Christ, and the wonder of His love. I’m not sure how God will choose to use them but I do pray that He would in the most beautiful ways ever. 


For me, they surely do point you God’s love. Yes, it’s been quite entertaining but it’s also been so more than just that. It’s been a reminder of how God knew He needed me to laugh in these times from something I could barely control or influence. It’s a reminder of how much He loves me, Ariel, our family, and our friends each time any of us sees her express all sorts of emotions on that beautiful face of hers. It’s a reminder that God cares for us deeply, and He even knows how to time conversations and opportunities where Naa Ameley’s shot would be shared so it makes someone’s day too. It’s such a beautiful reminder, and o how blessed I am to have this. 


Naa Ameley, I’m not sure how long this would last, how the reflexes in your face will largely be heartwarming, or where this would lead you, lead us. I’m not sure how God will choose to use them but I do pray He does so beautifully.


I’m not sure how but I still do pray…




10:48am





1st Baby Diaries || Sunday, 16th January, 2021 || 1 calendar month, 20 days

No comments:

Post a Comment