Monday 3 January 2022

The Journey — November

November is such a significant month for me. It’s the month where all my sketches in this form began. 


Saturday, 17th November, 2018.


Most likely the day of my first Enosua’s pause on scripture sketch, definitely the day of my first photo, the day my first social media post, the day it all began. 


When we speak of raised altars before the Lord, November is one of those months for me. Aside the sketches, there are other altars of God’s goodness…


The month I discovered (by chance) that I needed major surgery whilst working in a foreign country a certain year. Another year, it was the month I saw God answer many key pivotal prayers in a very strenuous time in my life. And this year, it is the month we had our first child, our long awaited and cherished miracle who did not follow the schedules of man. 


Let me not even start with the testimonies of those who surround me: weddings, births, new jobs, restored relationships, a strengthening of our faith, a raised song of praise on our lips. 


It’s a reflective month, November. In many years, it pointed me to God’s goodness and how He truly is the Master Weaver, the Grand Maestro in charge of His world, His orchestra, His people, His miracles. 


So I’m truly happy to share this month of “The Journey” with you. Highlighting not only the very first sketch but also sketches in subsequent years that spoke to the provision God gives. 


I hope that it reminds you that nothing is too big, too hard, too stressful, too lost, too hopeless for our God. I know this for sure! So whenever I doubt, as humans beings are prone to, I can look to the miracles in my life, to my Novembers and praise God for His faithfulness, reigniting my hope in Him — the hope that casts out fear. 


He is the God of my Novembers, when it all seemed like whatever hope I had left was almost run out like the end of a year… when I had no clue that I sat on a ticking time bomb and needed His gracious intervention… when a lot seemed to be lost or wasted or futile at what seemed like the sure beginning of an endlessly hard era… He is the God of my Novembers and I raise my hands and hearts and praise to Him… 


And on this last day in 2021, I pray with all my heart that you may also realise He is the God of all your months too, whatever they mean to you. 




In November we raised

Our songs of hope in praise 


Each picture from the annals of history

Snapshots in time, moments from The Journey…








No comments:

Post a Comment