Monday 17 January 2022

Kind to Me

After all the running around yesterday coupled with the traffic jams, I’ve broken down. 


Lying on my bed knowing I may join all calls lying down, mentally scrubbing things off my to do list at work that don’t fit “Urgent and Important”. I know I have to go brush my teeth so I can eat but it’s feels like a feat. 


It’s 8:13am and I only seem to have the energy to get up and pee. Thankfully, I grabbed my breakfast things before Ariel begun his video calls. I’m exhausted. Just exhausted. 


But I’m also kind to me. Not feeling guilty, or refusing to feel guilty at any point. I put in extra hours to get Tuesday’s meeting through…. Working late on Friday and Monday till 1am the next day and 11:30pm respectively. Even without being pregnant that is tiring enough. 


Today is for baby and me. I shouldn’t get to the point of breaking down totally if I can help it. I still remember who’s number one now and it isn’t me. If it’s not urgent and important, God willing, we’d live to fight another day. Today I give myself permission to be and to breathe. 



8:27am




Pregnancy Diaries || Wednesday, 16th June, 2021 || 15 weeks, 1 day

No comments:

Post a Comment