Wednesday 19 January 2022

Controlled Breathing

Controlled breathing! What a Godsend! 


Yesterday, I listened to a lady answer a question about Christian meditation and not getting involved in occultism. She mentioned she was aware that some meditative positions in yoga paid homage to other gods but she also personally benefited from meditation where she focused on her breathing. She even recommended a Christian guided meditation leader she knew of.


Weird intro to a pregnancy diary but waaaait for it! 


After suffering from painful bloating for days, I’d had enough. I’d spent the afternoon reading about a tonne of home remedies, one of them being: “just relax”. Then I remembered a friend of mine, Eyram, mentioning how breathing techniques were really useful to her during labour. 


Surely! This pain wasn’t labour but it was still terrible! I looked up labour breathing and discovered Lamaze breathing. 


Nothing scary in the write up that ran through a simple, but not fully conclusive guide for Lamaze breathing. I gave it a try and whoooooaaahhhh!!! Am I still amazed at the results! 


So it didn’t eliminate the bloating itself but after a few runs for some minutes, I instantly felt the relief of no pain. Mahhhnnn am I still happy. 🥳🥳


The joys of motherhood include victories like these. Our little Ariosua has been letting me know s/he’s there with all her/his movement, sometimes making painful bloats even more unbearable. And now thanks to something as simple as breathing, those bad pregnancy days just got a tad easier on me. Doesn’t that make us glad? 




5:02pm





- Pregnancy Diaries || Sunday, 11th July, 2021 || 18 weeks, 5 days

No comments:

Post a Comment