Monday 3 January 2022

Sleep

 Laundry sorted. Ofosu already has a load in the wash so I’d put mine in later but at least its sorted… Prioritising sleep now. 


Thanking God for all the people in my life who have ever told me sleep helps speed up the healing process and makes this process more effective. This includes people like Temi and Pat whose wealth of personal experience with surgeries and complications guided me after my first surgery in December 2016 and still guides me today after my second. So now it’s Naa Ameley, sleep, and then everything else in that order for personal and baby health. 


I skipped the chance to wipe down in peace and quiet… or the chance for a good full wipe down at all before my hospital visit this morning. That can wait. We’d focus on the very essentials before stepping out. Full wipe downs can wait, in all honesty even though my old Ofosua screams otherwise. This is the new me — just as my Okunubestie said to me earlier, “Welcome to the new you.” You absolutely got that right, Al! This is the new me, the beautifully Naa-Amel-ised me 🥰😍💞💖💝💓 #HeartThrobSizeZero


So for now it’s Naa Ameley, who’s just been fed, changed, swaddled and pacified, and then sleep… 


I’m following my doctor’s orders, the advice my cousin, Ewuresi, and perhaps a few others gave me at my baby shower, and the advice our darling Newbury neighbour, Dorota, also shared: “Sleep when your baby is sleeping”


So off to bed it is… Naa Ameley, sleep, and everything else in that order… “Welcome to the new me”… 




5:26am GMT 




1st baby diaries || Monday, 6th December, 2021 || 1 week, 4 days

No comments:

Post a Comment