Thursday 6 October 2022

10 Letters - Letter 7

It was lovely seeing your angelic face as you slept this morning, Naa. I remember when people kept saying you looked so peaceful in sleep. To me, all babies did but today I got it. Your face, your eyes, there was something absolutely calming about you and it made me feel peaceful. 


I didn’t see you much today after that. Can’t remember where you were but I spoke with your Daddy and knew you were closeby.


Speaking of peace, today, I chose me. Not intentionally but I kinda got so exhausted I skipped class and talked with Uncle Yaw, who had come to the hotel to visit, till late. It was nice. I needed that rest. It felt like I’d stepped off the rat race for a moment, still tired but less strained. Enjoying laughs and the fellowship of a friend. 


It’s been a good evening. And guess what? I’m in bed before midnight! Whoop whoop! Before 11pm even! Hurrrayyyyy!! 


I’d be sleeping right after this letter to you, Naa. I hope when you grow and you start choosing, I hope you choose what’s best for others and best for you. I had unconsciously begun thinking angry thoughts about others when I was hungry over the last few days, not realising the strain this week had had on me. I wasn’t becoming a good version of myself for others or for me.  


Naa, one 3-day intense training from Monday to Wednesday, an engaging conference today and tomorrow, the night online classes that starts at 5:30pm Ghana time to close about 11pm SA time (I’m 2 hours ahead of you), the expressing of milk, the long shopping walks, the ad hoc emails, the urgent texts, the low sleep, the constant urgent and important mode, the jet lag, the colder weather and freezing air conditioning, the cold that doesn’t heal fully. Mummy’s been through quite a bit this week and has a few more days to go to see you. 


Tonight’s break was not an option. It was unintentional but it was key. And I’m so grateful God was gracious enough to orchestrate it for me. 


So when you start making more choices on your own, Naa, I pray that when God grants you rest, you’d take it. Don’t worry about tomorrow or the work left undone. He’d either clear it away or help you make up for it at a better time. So please take it when you recognise it. Thanking Him for His opportunities to rest… 


… like I am today. 


I love you, our Remote-Inspector. May God grant us a beautiful tomorrow in Him. 




22:45





1st baby diaries || Thursday, 6th October, 2022 || 10 calendar months, 11 days

No comments:

Post a Comment