Saturday 15 October 2022

10 Letters - Letter 10

2 weeks ago, 14 nights ago, I was preparing to leave you behind for more than 24 hours for the first time in my life, Gladys. 


Daunting, no? I was gone for 7 days and 7 nights. And when I got home you were asleep! 😂😂😂


But it was beautiful thing to have you latch on at night as if nothing had changed. It was adorable to see you laugh and crawl so quickly! Yes, I know. You still move on your fours in slow motion but girl have you improved! I sometimes still see you getting weighed down by your own head from a small miscalculated coordination attempt, at times to the point of tripping as you crawl. But ooo it’s so adorable to see the progress you’ve made. 


Your soul piercing gaze still warms my heart. This is you, our Frances, and we love you to absolute bits. 


I do thank Ariel, Amanda over again for their care for you whilst I was away but I haven’t paused to properly say thank you to you, Naa. 


Thank you, Ameley, for: 


- Not stressing your Dad and Auntie Amanda too much 


- Staying healthy; I know it’s not all you but I’m grateful you were


- Your smiles and laughter when you recognised me during video calls 


- Hanging in there without me, whether or not you truly missed me or didn’t realise what was going on 


- Craving for my breastmilk while I was away and letting me know you did when you saw me on our video calls. Really glad you didn’t kill the appetite. You made all my expressed milk worth it. 


- Just being you, Ms. Ammah, in all your cuteness, your fondness and your bea-U-ty! 


I have more to say but my sleepy mind isn’t allowing it to flow as freely. 


All the same I want you to know… our baby girl… know that Mummy loves you waa. To the moon and back and back again with an Uber rider to the main Mamprobi lorry station. 


You’re our lovely darling, and it’s good to hold you close again… over and over again…




22:17





1st baby diaries || Friday, 14th October, 2022 || 10 calendar months, 19 days

No comments:

Post a Comment