Tuesday 4 October 2022

10 Letters - Letter 5

We’re almost there, Ameley. A few letters more and you’d be in my arms again. 


I must say the letters are helping. I’m not struck with absolute guilt or worried uncontrollably. Perhaps I’m busy… they do say work is a distraction for mums and it seems to be working for me now. Also your amazing Dad is doing a lovely job 😍. Still, writing to you each day is comforting. 


I loved your extremely broad smile when you saw me tonight. Pure joy. I was so happy to see you but thrilled when you broke into that beautiful smile of yours, our Gladys. It’s the first time I’ve seen you smile so broadly during our video calls, and yes, I fell in love all over again, our Frances. 


It was nice going for a swim after. I’m trying to remember the last time I swam and I can’t really recall anything beyond 2019. It’s amazing, Naa. One day we’d go to the pool together.


One day some day soon but tonight though, I’ll acknowledge that amazing swims make for deeper rests — but I still need more time to benefit from it. This was a hectic day that was totally made by your brilliant smile, our Piesie. It was such a beautiful experience: that spontaneous bloom of your expressions. Thank you for sharing it with me 😘


Mummy loves you. Fondly… 




00:35





1st Baby Diaries || Wednesday, 5th October, 2022 || 10 calendar months, 10 days

No comments:

Post a Comment