Sunday 10 January 2016

Unsettled

This compassion I feel
This empathy
Driving me to do
What's deemed silly
Making me look stupid
And incompetent
Filling me with frustrations
Plaguing me like a disease
Heaping up my fatigue
My mind, it wanders

These hours unending
Those tasks still pending
The clock strikes five
And keeps going
I hiss at the time
But keep going
Unsure if I tread on
For passion or fear
For the sake of my salary
Or the values I hold dear
To impress my boss
Or please my God
To work for the work
Or to keep my job
To do a good job
Because it's not in me to do less
Shoddy work is not part of my make up
I can't cut corners to shape up
My mind, it wanders

Too tired to sleep
I have come to this point again
The nocturnal I am
Unable to be surpressed today
My eyes do not close because I have work to do
They just do not close from sheer exhaustion: 'tis true
Nocturnal me
Just go to bed
Do not rear your unusual head
Succumb to discipline and close your eyes
You know there's more to do after sunrise
You know you must arise before the crack of dawn
You know time will not be kind and deliver you from tomorrow's yawns
Sleep, nocturnal me
Just close your eyes and sleep
The world you live in belongs to the day not the night so sleep
Strange how exhaustion can make me more awake
And pushes me further away from what I need: sleep
My mind, it wanders

Settling not on one
Encouraging more frustration than fun
Resolving not the issues I face
Scattered info in it's wake
My mind still wanders

No comments:

Post a Comment