Sunday 10 January 2016

Iceberg

The sweat, the heat, my forgone treats
It showed nothing but effort

Day after day
Meagre results
Day after day

The ice beneath the waters beginning to form
The tip so small it looked forlorn
I talked about my efforts
But they could only but laugh
Make fun of it all in disbelief
Remind me how obvious my sacrifices brought none
None but no results
That was me

I worked harder each day
Believing the promise
That some day some day
I will be conspicuously rewarded
And I worked on

Sacrificing more
I pushed on

Then suddenly
Out of the blue
I reached my tipping point
The curve changed direction
The results had gained traction
People could see
Sometimes stop and question me
'Is that really you?
Oh my goodness you look so cool!'
It had begun
The hard work, all the efforts
It was visibly paying off

As the praise rose
Of my hard work now unopposed
I went back to work
Not wasting
But sacrificing more instead
Now I had hit recognition
There was a lot more to do
To mainitain
Maintain
My position

Now
Day after day
The sweat, the heat, my forgone treats
Revealed and maintained all, all, all my efforts

No comments:

Post a Comment