Monday 11 January 2016

A Taxi to Sakumono

This morning, I was late to leave home. To catch the company bus from 7am, I need to leave the house at 6:45am to catch a taxi.To do so if I want to walk the full stretch to the bus stop, I have to leave before 6:20am.
Today I left a little after 7am, so I prayed:
"Lord, please let me catch a Sakumono taxi as soon as I get to the junction"
Catching a Sakumono taxi instead of the other taxi means I don't need to cross two roads to get to the bus stop. It also saves me time at the same cost.
Guess what? As soon as I reached the junction, here was a Sakumono taxi signalling to me. Cool, huh? And guess what too? I was the last passenger to make it full. How delightful. I thanked God for answered prayer and sat in the taxi. Then I realised I had no earrings on. At that moment, I knew exactly why I felt like I had left something I couldn't remember when leaving my room. Great!!
Then it occured to me, right before I was about to yield to the temptation of complaining within me, God wanted me to get earrings, not catch the bus. You see, a Sakumono taxi gets me to the Sakumono station where I can get earrings there or at the next station I get to. God tried to hint me I had left something. When that failed, He stopped a taxi for me so I would keep in tune with Him and realise what I actually needed that morning. Not a cheaper ride to work, but a pair of earrings, a new one for that matter... lol!
How many times do we have a plan that God 'thwarts'? Yes, this story isn't a huge deal and I could have survived the day without earrings. However, it comes to show how God is really concerned about every little detail of our lives. How much more the big issues, the frustrating issues, the pressing issues? He is a God Who cares and orders our steps to our benefit without taking from His glory.
He is the God Who ensures I have all in the right place for the right time, His time, even my earrings.
Bless the Lord, O my soul!
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
(Jeremiah 29:11 - NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment