Monday 19 October 2015

Choices - one of my Facebook Frolics

I wanted to tell you my shortcomings
But did not
You'd use it against me in my vulnerability
I wasn't going to endure that again
I wanted to say I was sorry...
But did not
You'd rub it in my face how wrong I'd always been
I wasn't going to endure that again
I wanted to be true about my fears
But did not
You'd question my trust and be upset with my confessions
I wasn't going to endure that again
I wanted to say how you had hurt me
But did not
You'd make it clear how inconsiderate I was
I wasn't going to endure that again


I wanted to make things right
But could not
I'd burnt our bridges and built my own wall
All I could feel was the pain

We lost what we had
Not because it was bad
Just imperfect as life will always be
And we both chose to react inappropriately

In the memory of what could have been
I will not
Repeat the mistakes that brought us here
We can't endure this again
With my bloodied pride and fractured ego
I will not
Choose the easy defensive but the humiliating restorative
We will get past this useless drain
We will, we will get past this useless drain

The sun will shine beyond the rain
Character will rise above the cane
Though what we have will not be the same
We'll leave this place in history
As a sign of our victory
We will dance again, together we'll dance again

Wednesday, 14th October, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment