Monday 19 October 2015

Epiphany - one of my Facebook Frolics

I look more like my Dad
Than I thought I ever had...

Auntie Emelia you were so right yesterday
Glasses and hair out of the way
There's nothing farther from the truth
No wonder pictures with my contacts never 'felt' as good
It was me I saw but too much in my mother's light
No wonder they never looked 'just right'

Paradigm shift if you ask me
Now I see my Dad
They aren't in the least bad
Actually very pretty with a touch of mischief... lol...

Perception does a lot to the human mind
Misaligned pedestals can even make things look like a crime
Knowing the truth really sets free

Now you see my Dad, now you see me

I still look like my Mum, no doubt about that
I just hadn't really realised and accepted this particular fact
Shock, I'm in shock, wouldn't you be?
If you realised how you look so so suddenly??

It's a pleasant surprise
For that I won't lie
Now I know resemble this man whom I adore
In looks, in personality and so much more

Oh my goodness, I think I'm still in shock
Talk about discovering a chip off the old block

Epiphany...

No comments:

Post a Comment