Friday 30 October 2015

Noah's Ark - Heaven's Questions

When I get to heaven
I'd like to ask God some questions
Though I'm told they may not be important then
It doesn't hurt to record them here in pen

When I get to heaven
I'd ask God about Noah's ark
The mysteries about the flood
That I've no concrete answers for

"God, what did You feed
The lions with?
Really what did they eat
During the rains
During the calm but flood-filled days?
Did You make them
Vegetarians as some people claim
So they ate some of the stored up grain?
Or did You bring carcasses near the ark
So Noah and his family drew them out
To feed the hungry lions and all the other carnivores?
Is that what You really did, Lord?
Did You make Noah fish all day
For herring, and dolphins and the great whales?
Is that what You fed the carnivores with
As the days passed from the ark within?

"O Lord, what about the crocodiles?
Did they march in pair per species into the ark?
Or did they swim around all that time
Just waiting for the waters to subside?
Or by then were they simply water beings
And not the land-water reptiles we now see?
And oh, with the water-land reptiles, I'll ask about the amphibians too
Were they in the ark through and through?
Or did they join the team on board
Like how they do now when they come ashore?
Or had they not evolved to this recent state?
Was the time of the flood just enough for them to wait?"

Someone would say it won't matter it to me
When we meet in heaven these questions I speak
But Lord, if it still does I can't wait to hear
Your answers to my questions that have been penned here

Biblical reference: Genesis 6 - 8

No comments:

Post a Comment