Saturday 27 February 2016

Stop! Take Note! Praise!!

Stop!
Stop when my heart is heavy
Stop when I don't know what to do
Stop when my world's gone crazy
Stop and take note of what I should

Take note of the Lord's great mercy
Take note of all He's brought me through
Take note of all the beauty that surrounds me
And praise Him! Don't focus on what He didn't do

Praise Him for the Lord is good
Praise Him because He's done more than I wanted Him to
Praise Him! O my God! You are worthy!!!
Praise Him! This is what we're created to do

Stop! Take note! And praise!
He gave us today
Stop! Take note! And praise!
He washed our sins away
Stop! Take note! And praise!
He overcame hell and the grave
Stop! Take note! And praise!
He's working out all good things His way

I will not judge You, Lord
I am human
I may be tempted God
But You are kind
You remind me Lord
That You're still mighty
And You hold my hand
To make my thoughts divine

I will sing of Your grace
And Your mercy
I will remind myself
Of all the good You've done
I will not make my problems
Take supremacy
Because with You, Lord
I have more than won

And when life's good
I will think of Your goodness
And when life's bad
I will praise you for all I've had
In all my ways I just want to rightly focus
To stop, take note and praise
My loving Dad

Composed after reading odb.org/2016/02/27/taking-notice/ and it's related passage Job 40:1-14

No comments:

Post a Comment