Tuesday 23 February 2016

Primary School Prayer

When I taught Sunday School
We spoke of prayers Jesus answered
And when we did more often than not
The children would speak of this lot:
'Lord Jesus, please help me find my pen
I can't find it in my room'
'Lord, please help me find my pencil
I need to finish my homework'
And so these prayers went
And I remembered when I said them too
A young child in primary school
'Lord please help me find my eraser
It's still very new'
Never did we talk about answered prayers
And this kind wouldn't show up
This primary school prayer
Of what was lost
Lord, tonight
I say one too
Please help me find this
I've searched my room
It's dear to me Lord
I need it too
I remember when you answered
In primary school
How you answered
Those little children too
I kneel tonight Lord
And come to you
Knowing and believing
You will once again listen
And answer 'Yes, my child, I will help you'
You will answer as you have before
And you will restore
Once more
With undisputed assurance
With child like confidence
With faith
With all my heart
I repeat this prayer
As from primary school
'Dear Holy Spirit
Help me find this'
Thank you, Lord Jesus!
Your Name be praised
Again and again
Father God
Hallowed be Your Name
Hallelujah...

Via Ofosua
On Monday, 22nd February, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment