Friday 30 September 2022

10 letters - Letter 1

It’s the night before I leave you behind, Naa Ameley. It would be our very first night apart since you were born. 


So I’ve decided to write 10 letters. 10 letters to you, Gladys, till I’m back home. 10 letters of love to our first child, Frances. 


But first, let me start with a story. One you may have heard over and over again. 


Grandma Frances got the opportunity to travel abroad and study for her PhD when I was just 3 months old. She almost never went if it wasn’t for Grandpa Kofi who promised to write Grandma a letter every day to let her know how I was doing. You’re 10 months now so imagine what Grandma had to go through! I can’t imagine it. At all. 


But I do imagine missing you each day we’re apart. And I am confident that I would not be able to wait to see you soon. 


But tonight, I’ll hold you close. Cuddle you like I don’t normally do. Enjoy the warmth of your touch and pray you don’t get a cold, my love. 


Because I’ll miss you, my love. My one and only Piesie, our answer to prayer and our pure delight. 


It’d be our first time apart, and I’d write to you everyday… just like Grandpa did for Grandma when she had left me and the rest of the family behind.


Don’t miss me too much! Mummy loves you, Ameley… 



  

23:23





1st Baby Diaries || Friday, 30th September, 2022 || 10 calendar months, 5 days

No comments:

Post a Comment