Friday 26 August 2022

At the touch of love

It’s been an incredibly hectic week. A hectic month so far even. And I’ve had to make sacrifices, go on different pauses, just for the sake of good health and sanity. 


It’s been an incredible week all the same. I would even do it all over again. But I’m proud that in many cases, I chose our Naa Ameley. No, she didn’t have her usual access to me all the time, but she did have me every day. Every single day, we spent good time together. 


So at the end of one to these pressure-packed sprints at work, as I took a break from the late nights and long days and simply caught my breath, I wasn’t surprised that in a single moment I was in deep awe of Naa Ameley’s hands in mine. Thankful to be alive, thankful to be her mum. 


And this inspired not only the poem below but the video as well. 


The month has been so quick and quite hard so far. And unfortunately, the stress hasn’t quite ended yet. However, as I unwind this Friday night, reminiscing my chance to feed Naa from my plate and my breast, with the knowledge that the night was mine to enjoy, it’s no wonder to me that in my choice to act, to choose in love, to choose Naa again and again, I became a poet. 


I hope you love the poem and video as much I did… and experience just a little taste of world tonight… 




Your hands so sweet in mine

Your fingers are divine

My heart just swells for you

My darling, I love you


You remind me of what’s right

For you, I’m back up to fight

My heart sings because of you

My darling, I love you


No, you’re not all roses and kisses

Still you’re more than a thousand wishes

You make me laugh till I’m in stitches

My darling, I love you


Your hands: just sweet in mine

Your fingers, so divine

My heart, it swells for you

My darling, I love you


“At the touch of love, every man becomes a poet” - Plato




10:24pm 





1st Baby Diaries || Friday, 26th August, 2022 || 9 calendar months, 0 weeks, 1 day  

1 comment: