Monday 29 August 2022

Me, my business, my baby, me…

After realising my home isn’t being run the way I wanted it to run, I learnt a big lesson today as a Mompreneur and Sidepreneur: no matter how busy I am, no matter how exhausted I am, and no matter  how much I can outsource anything even if that thing is my emotions, at the end of the day, I’m still responsible for taking care of me, my business and my baby the way I want it to be taken care of. 


No one else but me…


I’m responsible for asking God for help and allowing Him to guide and release me… 


I’m responsible for my own rest, down time and sleep hours.


I’m responsible for keeping my daughter fed well at all times and for keeping the quality of my gifting top notch for my clients. Not the supplier, not my family, nor the clients. Me… 


That doesn’t mean I must do all the work, no… but it does mean I should ensure the work is done satisfactorily, with an outcome that doesn’t stress me. That’s my Boss Mum job, not someone else’s. Especially when outcomes are subjective in the hands of others. 


I recently listened to the book, E-myth Revisited: https://www.audiobooks.com/audiobook/e-myth-revisted/34474?refId=40779&gclid=CjwKCAjwx7GYBhB7EiwA0d8oe5rsuF1wFsxqxbFe49RJ-4Y83Hq-wvYmB4CBOWCTxz6NGTw7UfpPLRoCCQEQAvD_BwE)


It’s a book that has useful nuggets for startups, including building systems that make your business run successfully. Funny enough, when I read it, I didn’t imagine myself building systems for my  home as well. But now I do… systems that not only work for my workers, my delivery, my family, my baby but for me too. 


Realising in all honesty today that I couldn’t outsource my meals and go to bed, and still expect our family budget to stay on track or our food to stay healthy, I may adopt the system my mum used so well… a workable menu and a reasonable price list! Wish me luck! 


Realising that a delivery company is giving me heartache, I honestly can’t expect them to make me happy… honestly! I should be the change I want to see and move on to a courier service that does better even if it means it costs more for the priceless peace of mind. That’s my Mom Boss side hustler job, not my service provider’s.


And if I’m truly concerned about my daughter’s skin, I’d ensure she gets to the hospital and not hope someone else would ensure this. If I’m truly concerned I’d do something about it. One hospital visit coming up! 


Some things are really no-brainers when written out and read. But it’s a beautifully humbling experience when you’re faced with the reality of such a no-brainer with some time to actually correct your own flaw… 


And that’s where I am tonight. Such a beautiful place before I fall asleep. Back in the place I should be: increased supervision with any outsourced tasks within a framework that actually works for the desired outcome: a rested responsible with her achieved goals who relies on God for every work, home, side hustle step…


Such a beautiful place to be: of conviction, of repentance, of hope… my baby, my business, me…




10:39pm





Mompreneur/Sidepreneur diaries || Monday, 29th August, 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment