Sunday 3 April 2022

End of Maternity Leave Blues

It’s a lovely day to write again… it’s been a while since I shared a fresh entry here.


For perhaps the first time in my life, I’m home and Naa Ameley is not! 


Eish! It feels like a holiday! I wish I could enjoy it more but I am exhausted and have a lingering headache. But it beats having her here at this time so I’m absolutely grateful. 


Grateful to the God Who makes this possible, and grateful to Ariel who’s made this happen. Glad he hooked on to the idea when it was mentioned. Terribly happy. 


So… it’s been ages since I wrote. 


In between building a business and caring for Naa Ameley, I seem to be experiencing Return-To-Work blues.


I love the way Joy put it… I’m smitten by my own child so leaving her behind isn’t making me happy. I never thought of it that way, my own child making me broken-hearted without her doing… lol… but now I realise that’s what a number of women seem to feel subconsciously. 


Also I guess it isn’t easier when I had expectations of building the Enosua’s heArt’s merchandise leg to a certain level. We’re still on it thankfully but it does make returning to work harder when that was a win I would have so wanted to have. We’ve experienced many wins thankfully! So I’m counting my blessings I won’t be sulking about the one win that’s delayed. God has been good, and we’ve put in work that’s already creating the future we want to see. And that’s just a pleasant reality. One I’m happy to celebrate. Check out how far we have come now at https://instagram.com/enosuasheart (Instagram) and (https://fb.me/enosuasheart. And please don’t forget to contact us at https://wa.me/233200092755 to place your order. But I digress 🙈


Now though, I’d honestly love to count many more of my blessings again. I asked God for encouragement and I’d love to play my part. 


Naa Ameley is already 4 months old! Can you imagine! 4 months of this cutie with a billion more to go. 


Now she loves to smile. She actually loves to laugh and I thought her many faces made me laugh but her smiles melt my heart a thousand times over! 


She used to sleep through the night but now she wakes up leaving me exhausted and out of sorts on most days. I really look foreward to her sleeping through the night again. I know how not getting enough sleep affects me. Till then though, I’m enjoying how I manage with the secret hope that I don’t break down. 


Delight asked me to feel it… all the pre-return emotions. Weird advice when you’re actually trying to escape the blues. So I thank God for prayer. I keep asking for encouragement and He brings it my way. 


For instance, Ariel’s afternoon out with Naa Ameley was something I didn’t know I needed. Learning to schedule posts is a dream come true. And ideas for content makes me realise how good God appears to us when we look for His goodness and seek His will.


I understand some women are happy to return to work. In open honesty, I’m not one of them this time round. Maybe I would be some other day. Today, I do have a few more weeks to get my head right, and I’m thankful God is walking these weeks with me every step of the way. 


Maternity leave was what I needed. A refreshing break, a rejuvenated hope and more importantly, a newfound love, Naa Ameley. 


Before you were born, Naa Ameley, I promised to guide you to know God. And how does one do that without knowing God too? So I grasp this opportunity with both hands. This is a new part of my journey, our journey in Him, Naa Ameley. And I hope to live this part, hand on heart, not giving up on my dreams. 


Dreams aren’t killed by others, Naa Ameley. (Yes, yes, yes, I can see you roll your older eyes at me as I type this… lol… I also see my older self laugh under my breath at my current obsession with dreams that come true, but I digress… again). With our own hands we commit dream suicide, and I am not about to show you how I did same to mine this year. Not me. 


Enjoy your time out with Daddy now. I look forward to you enjoying many more. Right now, I’m going to figure out what I am going to do with the rest of my break this evening. It’s terribly lovely having you with us now, Naa. God has been awfully kind. He truly has. 




5:51pm 





1st baby diaries || Sunday, 3rd April, 2022 || 4 calendar months, 9 days  

No comments:

Post a Comment