Thursday 22 March 2012

My Pride, My Worry

Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus
Just to take Him at His word

My pride says to me,
"No, it's not!"
 My pride says
"You must plan
And have it all together
You must know where you're heading
Where you are and where you're going"

She says
"You can't achieve it without being 100% sure"
She says
"You must have the blueprint
And know what will happen
You can not be less than 100% sure
and expect it all to work out"

What she means is
"There is no benefit in trusting Jesus
You can't be silly enough to take Him at His word, can you?
He is not enough to trust
He can't be trusted to handle your future
You can NEVER relax in the God Who knows the beginning from the end and everything in between
Does He really know even???
And does He have the power to orchestrate the future even if He does know??"

She means
"You don't need God
Because God leaves You unsure
And unsure = Insecure
Insecurity = Disaster
Disaster = Miserable"

Now Pride allows Worry to step in
She allows Worry to take a seat
And Worry feeds on Pride's words
First with water
Then with a soft drink
Then with shitɔ
She asks for ketchup
Then she demands desert
And before she gets up
She wants the next meal

And Pride willingly feeds her
She spoils her rotten
And is glad to do so
Because Pride would sooooo do anything
That will oppose the Will of God

Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus
Just to take Him at His Word

Worry becomes fat
And becomes more and more troublesome
Worry refuses to budge
But only feeds more and more on Pride's words
The blueprint is never finished

It is only useful for making me blue
And I cry
And I weep
I lose my temper at the slightest whim
And get frustrated
I turn away from the Saviour
And fix my life on my own

But how is it possible???
How can I fix myself and my future when I am sooo fallible
Without my God
My Lord My Lord
Please come and help me
Save me from this
I am at my wit's end!!!


and call upon me in the day of trouble;
    I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.
Psalm 50:15 (ESV)

I feel the tune seep in 

Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus
I see my Saviour and let Him in

I unbolt the doors that Pride has locked
I am bruised and cut 
Pride attacks with her words
She tries to confuse me with her screams
She hits me hard and pushes Worry, weighing tonnes, over me
I cry out in pain
But 

Refuse to stop now
I am dying here
I want out
I want them both out!!!! 
Jesus save me!!!
Lord help me!!!
I can't sack them on my OWN!!!

and call upon me in the day of trouble;
    I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.
Psalm 50:15 (ESV) 

I hear a noise from afar
A thundering noise outside my door

My Saviour is within and without
He smashes the gates
He binds up Worry
And gags Pride
He puts them in a Tipper truck

And drives them far away
Dumps them, where?
I don't care *giggling so hard now*
Why worry about them
When It is 
Soooooooooooooo sweet to trust in Jesus
Just to take him at His word

And He says to me
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world
John 16:33 (NIV) 
 
He knows the future
He will take care of me
Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus
Just to take Him at His word
Glory Glory GLORY
Glory to God alone!!!
Hallelujah




 And what about you?

Yes, you ...

What are you going to do about your Worry and Pride???



Definitions of Possible Unfamiliar words
Shitɔ: A Ghanaian hot sauce often made with oil, pepper, onions, ginger, ground dried herring and shrimp, and salt

No comments:

Post a Comment