Wednesday 4 May 2022

Tonight

Tonight I’m broken 


I’m on my way and get home after 9pm… close to 10pm…


I’ve taken an Uber from work costing 137 cedis… 


And I’m wondering if returning to work is truly a blessing 


Tonight I’m guessing…


The what ifs never end and I choose to write in verse, in line, in time, in rhyme… or anything in between 


My baby may not suckle tonight and I’m not sure how much I can pump 


Tonight I’m numb


Going through the motion and hoping I don’t cry 


My heart weeps but my face is dead to it 


My mind wanders wondering how women survive 


Tonight I’m vulnerable 


No one knows the answer and I can just take a guess 


Follow that guess and hope it’s the right one


Do my best with no end in sight 


Tonight I need prayer. Do pray with me… 



8:40pm




1st Baby Diaries || Wednesday, 4th May, 2022 || 5 calendar months 9 days 

No comments:

Post a Comment