Thursday 6 October 2016

He Laughs

My God
He laughs

He's not angry all day
Or just approving perfections his way
No sense of humour in His belly
O come on! He laughs. O surely!
My comedy, my laughter, my tease has a source
It's hard to tell me my source is not God
The source of all life
Of variety, of true delight

My God
He laughs

And when He does
Do the birds break out in song?
When He does
Does our weakness make us strong?
When He does
Does the sun shine more it rays?
Does the moon make our nights days?
Does the wind blow a melody?
Does the child begin to dream?
Do I suddenly burst into praise and thanks?
Do the prisoners begin to dance?
Do the waves perfect their percussions of the soul?
Does the dead seed begin to grow?
Do the wicked suddenly recognise the folly of their ways?
Do the downtrodden begin to experience the brighter day?
Do the cold suddenly warm up and see their God
Do the offended cry out, 'Praise the Lord!!!'
Do the thunders bellow and lightening flash?
Or does someone receive a lot of cash?

Surely I could go on and on
I could guess and may never be wrong

I know, I am convicted
My God
He laughs

But what happens when He does?

By Ofosua
Thursday, 6th October, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment